HOME PET FEEDING SERVICES
WHAT I DO
I come to your home while you are away, feed and talk to your pets, collect the mail, and make sure your house is secure.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE ME
You have several options when looking to hire someone to care for your pets while you are away:
- The Kennel: One advantage is that no one will enter your home while you are away. A disadvantage is that no one will enter your home while you are away. What if a water pipe breaks? How long before it is discovered? Do your pets like noise, as in a kennel, or will they prefer the peace and quite of their own home? Will kennel food be to their liking or will they prefer their regular diet?
- Another Pet Feeding Service: How long have they been in business? Does the owner feed your pets or contract it out to others? Do they have a backup in case they are sick?
- Peninsula Home Pet Feeding Service: I feed your pets, interact with them (except for the fish) and talk to them myself. I only use a trusted associate if I go on vacation or if I were sick. Your pets stay at your home where it is most comfortable for them and they eat their normal food. While I'm at your home I check to make sure all is secure. I have a San Mateo City business license. And, when compared to a kennel, I offer better value for the price. See prices.
SPECIFIC SERVICES OFFERED
- Pet Feeding
- Interact with and talk to your pet(s)
- Clean litter boxes
- Pick up dog waste
- Water a reasonable number of indoor and outdoor plants (if you have a large garden that needs watering an extra charge will be added for the extra time spent at your house)
- Check to make sure the house is secure
- Check to make sure there are no water leaks or other problems
- Collect the papers, packages, and mail
- Garbage and recycle cans put out and brought in
- If you are away for an extended time I can start your cars to keep up the battery, pick up special delivery mail at the post office, forward mail to your location (there may be a charge for picking up mail from the post office if it is not on my way or if the lines are long)
There are some services that I do not offer. These include dog walking, injections, and pet transportation (unless it is an emergency trip to the vet).
I serve the following cities:
- San Mateo
- Foster City
- Redwood Shores
PETS CARED FOR
I will feed the following pets:
- Small Birds
I do not care for large birds, reptiles, large animals like horses, or unfriendly animals. I do not walk animals or give injections.
In addition to home pet feeding, I also offer housesitting services. I am away during the day, as you might be when you go to work, but I return in time to feed your pets and stay with them in the evening.
This is a limited service as I can only stay in one house at a time. If you are considering a house sitter please call me so that we can discuss it further.
My name is Jim Remington and I own and operate Peninsula Home Pet Feeding Service. I have been in business since 1982. I do all the pet care myself, except when I take an occasional vacation, and then I have an associate take over.
If you're interested in my services, please call me so that we can speak personally. I am based in San Mateo, and my phone number 650-342-0852.
I always keep my promises and fulfill my commitments.
What Clients Are Saying:
Jim Remington of Peninsula Home Pet Feeding Service is reliable, attentive, and accessible.
- Johanna, Burlingame
We were very thankful for Jim’s quick thinking to rectify a potentially disastrous situation (at our house).
- Barbara, San Mateo
Extremely dependable and caring for our pets and house.
- Carole, Belmont
When Jim has been busy he has always provided an equally reliable backup.
- Sherri, Foster City
During the great winter freeze several years ago Jim was excellent at disaster management – he took care of everything.
- Jill, Hillsborough
PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
- $25 per visit
- If you have a large number of pets or pets that need special accommodations then I will charge more per visit because I will be spending more time at your house.
- New customers will pay the total amount due in advance. On future visits 50% in advance and the remainder when you return.
- Multiple daily visit discount – when I come to your home two or more times in one day, $24 per visit, or $48 for two visits.
- Cash discount – Pay in cash and receive a $1 discount per visit, thus, $24 per visit.
AND... get this, NO HIGHER RATES during holidays!
- One visit charge -- If you are already a customer and I have your key, or I don’t need one, then above pricing applies. If you are a new customer and only require one visit the charge is $50, paid in advance, in cash.
- Cancellation charge -- $25 if I have a key to return to you, no charge if I do not have to return to your house.
- Discounts do not apply to house sitting services.
- Housesitting – I charge per night, not per day, which saves you money. Prices depend on how far you are located from my house in San Mateo. The current charge per night is $75. The price increases the further I must travel to your house. Call me for specifics.
- Keys – If I need to enter your house while you are away I will collect a key from you on the initial visit. With the key return you have some options:
- 1. I can come to your house and return it to you
- 2. I can leave it hidden someplace at your house
- 3. I can keep your key for future use.